A failed 15-year-old suicide bomber has revealed life inside the secret child terror camps where warped ISIS leaders are brainwashing innocent youths into blowing themselves up.
Mahmoud Ahmed had been an ISIS child soldier for several months when he was ordered to walk into a football stadium in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk and detonate a suicide belt.
Footage of the armed police tearing at Mahmoud’s clothes and trying to remove his explosives was broadcast around the world in August.
Speaking from a Kurdish youth detention centre, he told Sky reporters how fighters taught him how to use automatic weapons and promised him rewards in heaven after his death.
Mahmoud said: “Twenty-four hours a day they’d teach us about this stuff. There were 60 of us born from 2002 onwards.
“They would scare us and would show videos of beheadings and stuff like that.”
Mahmoud was even given a new identity, Abu Musab, as he trained to wage holy war.
He and other child recruits were given lessons in fighting skills, weapons training and religious indoctrination.
He had previously spent three months at terror training camps in Mosul and Hawija, both inside ISIS-controlled areas of northern Iraq.
The young recruits were divided into two sections – one lot destined for military operations and another group for suicide missions.
Mahmoud was given his orders by an older teenager called Dureed – another member of the so-called Cubs of the Caliphate group of ISIS child soldiers.
He previously told The Times from his jail cell: “I was hesitating.
“Dureed kept urging ‘just walk into the middle of them and blow yourself up’, but there was something inside me that was resisting. I couldn’t do it.”
He was then grabbed by security officers who thought he was acting suspiciously.
The teenager said he felt “a bit relieved but also confused” when he was apprehended.
“I didn’t know what to do any more.”
The teenager was driven into Kirkuk hidden in a truck full of sand the night before his foiled attack.
His cousin Ala, 15, died in another suicide bombing in Kirkup the same day as his older relative was captured on August 22.
His chances of a normal life are slim, according to Colonel Azer Mohammed Juamar, the man who runs the detention centre where Mohammed is being held.
He expects the captured child soldier to receive a 10-year sentence after trial.